NYE Safety Tips from the GRPD
The Glen Rock Police Department wishes everyone a happy, healthy and safe New Year. We also wish to remind everyone that New Year’s Eve is notorious for being the most dangerous driving day of the year. Whether you’re celebrating with friends in Glen Rock this year or traveling for the holidays, be sure to follow these tips to ensure a safe arrival home:
- One of the most basic ways to help keep the streets safe on New Year’s Eve is to ensure that the person driving your group from point A to point B is sober.
- If you see someone you think is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them get home safely.
- Stick together: Going to parties, bars and dance clubs can be hectic, and with too much alcohol, some people lose control. Traveling in groups creates a safety net.
- Walking while intoxicated can be just as dangerous as drunk driving. Designate a sober friend to walk you home.
- If you must drive, be aware of your surroundings, drive defensively and call the police if you see anything illegal or suspicious taking place. As always, wear your seat belt and don’t drive distracted.
Chief Dean Ackermann