NJ Transit schedules for Commuting from GR
NJ Transit has updated their Weekday and Weekend schedules for people traveling the Main / Bergen line. One important note: ALL Trains will end at Secaucus. Passengers will be bussed and shuttled to Hoboken.
Here are links to the Weekday and Weekend schedulee for now.
Also from NJ Transit:
Customers wishing to travel from Hoboken to Secaucus should take the HUDSON-BERGEN LIGHT RAIL to Liberty State Park and make a connection with shuttle bus service to Secaucus.
NJ TRANSIT service plans for Friday morning, September 30, following a commuter train accident at Hoboken Terminal. All rail service into and out of Hoboken Terminal remains suspended. All Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service will resume full service into and out of Hoboken Terminal.
View temporary printable schedules for the Main Line and Pascack Valley Line HERE.
The following service will be in effect:
- All New York City bound trains (Northeast Corridor, North Jersey Coast Line, MidTOWN DIRECT), Raritan Valley and Atlantic City lines will operate on a normal weekday schedule.
- Main, Bergen, Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines will continue to operate on a modified weekend schedule originating/terminating in Secaucus.
- There will be limited rail shuttle service on the Montclair-Boonton Linewest of Montclair State University.
- There will be rail shuttle service on the M&E between Hackettstown and Dover.
- The Gladstone Branch will have its two regularly scheduled MidTOWN DIRECT trains in addition to rail shuttles between Gladstone and Summit.
Customers may experience overcrowding and possible delays caused by congestion.
Metro-North Service for Pascack Valley Line and Port Jervis Customers
- For schedule information, click HERE.
- Supplemental service during AM & PM peak hour periods on the No. 126 (Hoboken-NY) and other commuter lines in Bergen, Passaic, and Essex Counties that operate in proximity to Hoboken-based rail service will be added to handle anticipated customer demand. Customers should plan for extra travel time due to anticipated traffic volume.
- Shuttle service will operate between Secaucus Junction and Liberty State Park Light Rail Station. Service will begin at 6:00 AM and continue throughout the day until midnight. This service will operate on a load and go basis during peak hours. During off-peak hours,service will continue to operate less frequently, based upon demand. NJT rail tickets and passes will be cross-honored on this shuttle service.
- Customers wishing to go from Secaucus to the Jersey City waterfront should use the shuttle bus service to Liberty State Park and make connection to Hudson-Bergen Light Rail.
- All Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service will resume full service into and out of Hoboken.